RE: Image Database

Access basically stores images as BMP's. It also seems to have some
facility for JPG's, though you get a massive blowout in file size when you
do so. Access uses OLE encapsulation to deal with images. I read somewhere
that there is a highly efficient way to store images by converting them to
some kind of binary data. Not sure how it works exactly, but it involved
macros and generally looked like a nice research project for another day.

Michael

             "Arvel L.
             Williams, P.E."
             <awilliams@gwsqua                                          To
             red.com>                  <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                                                                        cc
             02/25/2005 04:17
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       RE: Image Database

             Please respond to
             <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.or
                    g>

Michael:

How does Access store the files, as a JPG or a BMP?

Thanks

Arvel