Re: Image Database

John H. Cato, jr, R.A. wrote:

Not very familiar with Access, but if you can get it to read the '.GIF' file format, that would be better as far as file size. BMP's tend to be about 10 times as big as GIF's (haven't studied it out for comparison on JPEG's - but, I seem to remember something similar (was doing some archive stuff for remnants of the old Apollo program down at KSC and remember going thru this 'situation' of finding most efficient file sizes)).

I disagree. The best lossy compression format for photographic images continues to be JPG. If you are looking for a "low-res" graphic format (i.e. non-photo graphics) analogous to GIF (which is proprietary), then I would suggest the PNG format (http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/).