RE: waterproofing a retaining wall...

Not sure what your details look like but you might try Xypex.  http://www.xypex.com/

Jim K.
-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Rossington [mailto:phil(--nospam--at)rossingtonarchitecture.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 1:27 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: waterproofing a retaining wall...

I am designing a house on a steep hillside lot in San Francisco. It is a zero lot line condition, where this house and the neighboring houses have no side setbacks. The required cuts into our lot will require soldier piles and lagging. The structural engineer has designed a system where the lagging is on the property line and the soldier piles (wide flange columns) are in front of the lagging (typically the lagging is placed within the flanges of the piles). The soldier piles will have holes in them, to allow horizontal reinforcement to pass through them and these piles will be incased within the concrete.

My question is waterproofing. Does anyone know of a way to waterproof a condition such as this? In a typical situation, where space is not an issue, the lagging will be placed within the flanges and will be placed against the front flange. This relatively flat plane will then be covered by the waterproofing membrane and the concrete wall will be poured / shot against this system.

Any help is appreciated!