Re: waterproofing a retaining wall...

Wow, a 50%+ increase in the cost of the concrete?!

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA

In a message dated 3/3/05 6:39:33 PM, chuckuc(--nospam--at)pacbell.net writes
Because I steadfastly refuse to take the responsibility for waterproofing, my drawing note simply recommends the use of Xypex admixture. AFAIK there aren't any side effects (although I guess I did hear some secondhand grumbling from the guy who pumped one job about it making the pump harder to clean). It adds about $45/cy so we just use it on the critical areas.