Re: waterproofing a retaining wall...

$500 to be sure that the new retaining wall doesn't leak is cheap compared to trying to fix it later. (Most home owners can understand that logic.) YMMV
Chuck Utzman, P.E.

Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
Wow, a 50%+ increase in the cost of the concrete?!

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA

In a message dated 3/3/05 6:39:33 PM, chuckuc(--nospam--at)pacbell.net writes
Because I steadfastly refuse to take the responsibility for waterproofing, my drawing note simply recommends the use of Xypex admixture. AFAIK there aren't any side effects (although I guess I did hear some secondhand grumbling from the guy who pumped one job about it making the pump harder to clean). It adds about $45/cy so we just use it on the critical areas.