RE: Off topic - Outlook pst file size problems

The only way I know to increase the limit beyond 2 GB is upgrade to Outlook 2003.  I recently hit the limit with Outlook 2000 and I didn’t know there was a limit until I was over it.  One option instead of archiving is creating an additional .pst file.  You can have multiple .pst files open at the same time.  I create an e-mail folder for each job and then as I finish the job, I move the folder to an alternate .pst file.  You can group the folders by year or month or whatever method you like.

Jake Watson, P.E.

Salt Lake City, UT

From: Ken Peoples [mailto:kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:50 AM
To: Seaint; Steel Detail
Subject: Off topic - Outlook pst file size problems

Sorry that this is not structural or detailing related, but I know that there are quite a few computer gurus out there on these lists so I thought I would see if anyone can help me.  My Outlook .pst file often becomes too large requiring major overhauls of deleting, archiving and compacting - taking far too much of my time.  I know that there are ways to autoarchive, but I often look back on things that are more than 6 months old and finding them in archives is not very convenient.  I have heard that there are some ways to increase the .pst limit, but wanted to know if any of you have used them and if so if you have any problems.  I am using Outlook 2002.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
LVTA