RE: Business policies on snow leave

Candi:

Here is the "Inclement Weather" section of our comprehensive Employee
Policy Handbook ...

	"Office personnel are not entitled to compensation as a result
of their inability to get to work due to bad weather.  Any day the
office is officially open, employees are expected to be at work.  An
employee who cannot get to work safely may request the use of available
vacation time or make up the lost time at sometime during the same work
week with the supervisor's approval."

To be honest, this straightforward policy seems to work quite well.  We
are a tough bunch and we manage to remain productive in spite of our
notoriously brutal winter weather.

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas