RE: [Fwd: Fw: KEY ALERT: OPPOSE A.B. 1024!]

About what you'd expect from "The Terminator."

-----Original Message-----
From: dnae(--nospam--at)cox.net [mailto:dnae(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 10:30 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: [Fwd: Fw: KEY ALERT: OPPOSE A.B. 1024!]

> From: "DA" <dnae2(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net>
> Date: 2005/03/04 Fri PM 01:28:48 EST
> To: "D. A." <dnae(--nospam--at)cox.net>
> Subject: Fw: KEY ALERT: OPPOSE A.B. 1024!
>
> Key Alert

Governor
> Arnold Schwarzenegger. The California Performance Review can be viewed at
> http://cpr.ca.gov/.
>

>       Action Requested Next
>

>       Send a letter to your state legislators from ASCE's Online Advocacy
> Site!
>
>       Login to ASCE's Internet Advocacy Website at
> http://www.asce.org/advocacy.html to send a letter to your state
> legislators. Use your six-digit ASCE member number for the "Name" and your

> last name for the "Password". Click the "State Advocacy" button at the top

> of the page. The website will provide you with a sample message and
talking
> points to help you craft your own personal message to your lawmaker.
>
>       Please be sure to include your full postal address and contact
> information in your message so that the legislator's office can identify
you
> as a constituent and will know where to send a response. Please remember
> send a copy of your message to ASCE's government relations office at
> govwash(--nospam--at)asce.org. Alternatively, you may choose the fax option to send
your
> message.
>

>       Action Requested:
>
>       . Call, fax, or write to your legislators and urge them to oppose
A.B.
> 1024.
>       . Let ASCE know of your action. Knowing which legislators are
hearing
> from their constituents can help us a great deal in working with them in
the
> future. Send copies of your correspondence to Lauren Bailey, ASCE's
Manager
> of State Government Relations, at lbailey(--nospam--at)asce.org.
>

>       When calling your legislators:
>       1. Identify yourself as an engineer and a constituent.
>       2. Briefly explain that you oppose A.B. 1024 and give your reasons.
>       3. Ask if the legislator has a position on the bill.
>       a. If the legislator already opposes the bill, thank him/her for
> supporting engineers.
>       b. If the legislator is undecided, ask him/her to consider
supporting
> the bill.
>       c. If the legislator supports the bill, politely ask him/her to
> reconsider his/her support and explain that this is an important issue for

> you.
>
>       When writing to your legislator:
>       1. Identify yourself as an engineer and a constituent.
>       2. Explain that you oppose A.B. 1024 and list your reasons.
>       3. Ask your legislator to let you know his/her position on the bill.

>       About this E-mail
>       This e-mail was addressed to the email address dnae(--nospam--at)cox.net as a
> member of the American Society of Civil Engineers. To update your profile,

> please visit http://www.asce.org/myprofile

>       This email is brought to you by Focusmail, ©2004 Focus Data
Solutions,
> Inc, All rights reserved.

This e-mail is intended to be delivered only to the named addressee(s) and
delete the transmitted material from your computer and server.  In no event
shall this material be read, used, stored, or retained by anyone other than
the named addressee(s) without the express written consent of the sender or
the named addressee(s).