Re: KEY ALERT: OPPOSE A.B. 1024 - SEAOC Response

THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com wrote:

According to the SEAOC State representative who spoke at the Los Angeles SEAOSC dinner meeting last Wednesday, this bill is almost dead due to the fact that there is little if no cost saving since many of these boards are not financed through the general fund (i.e. your annual dues pays most of the costs).

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

I will hazard a guess that there are some on the chopping block that oughta stay there, though.

At the Federal level, I can think of a big bunch of agencies, divisions and boards that ought to be gone tomorrow, from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to the Rural Electrification Commission to the Tennessee Valley Authority.

--
Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company