Re: [Fwd: Fw: KEY ALERT: OPPOSE A.B. 1024!]

Bill-
Most California Engineers know that when it says "Assembly Member Marian Walters (R-CA73)"  [in case you missed it, the R in parentheses is the key item), it is most probably being carried at the party's request, i.e., the "Governator" wants it. And, I think we all know that the Governor can not pass legislation without a sympathetic legislator to carry the bill for him. I would have to say that I am surprised that you, as a college educated engineer,  don't know how the government actually works!
Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Berkeley CA

In a message dated 3/4/2005 10:54:14 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc writes:
Gerard Madden, SE wrote:

>So it looks like we're just a bunch a sarah connor's. Same with dr's,
>dentists, barbers, and architects... what an elite group we belong to.

Well, to repeat myself: This is a California state assembly matter.
Maybe someone can come up with the CA Governor's position on the bill,
but I couldn't find any mention of anything here other than the
Democrat-run state assembly.

I have to admit I'm embarrassed that a bunch of college-educated
engineers don't know the difference between the Legislative and the
Executive branches of government!

--
Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company