Re: waterproofing a retaining wall...

"Because I steadfastly refuse to take the responsibility for waterproofing, my drawing note simply recommends the use of Xypex admixture."

I don't follow this reasoning.  If you put a specific product recommendation on your drawings, aren't you taking responsibility for the waterproofing?

I have heard good things about using Caltite in concrete, but they want very specific detailing practices in order to warranty their product, which this condition might not meet.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE