RE: Job Opportunity

Karis:

As James points out, getting the PE license in Washington should be
relatively easy for you.  It should just be a matter of filing out the
forms, supplying proof of experience/licensure/school work, paying the fee
and taking the "take home" exam on the licensure law.  That is what I
basically had to do to get my PE license in Washington by reciprosity.

The SE license is another matter.  You will have to take the structural
exams, which I believe at a minimum would be the Structural II and the
Structural III exam.  I am not sure if you must take the Structural I or
not.  For me, I had already taken the Struct I and Struct II for Illinois,
so that is why I am not sure if Washington requires the Struct I or not.
I did have to take the Struct III exam...and passing it is not a simple
feat.

So, getting your PE license should be straight forward as should be the SE
license, but the SE license will involve just a little more effort (an
understantment).

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI