Re: [Fwd: Fw: KEY ALERT: OPPOSE A.B. 1024!]

Gary Hodgson & Associates wrote:

If you want to see how you can operate without a state
board, look at Canada.  All the provinces have self-
governing professional boards or associations and
operate reasonably well--sure, there is room for improve-
ment, but that is true in any case.  I understand that
Great Britain does not have professional licensing. Is
that true, how does it work and what do other countries
do?
So what do the terms P.Eng. (Canada) and "Chartered Engineer" (UK) signify? I asssume it has to do with the "professional associations" and their rules by which they bestow these distinctions, but I'm wondering how they compare to the state board requirements.