Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: [Fwd: Fw: KEY ALERT: OPPOSE A.B. 1024!]

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Gary Hodgson & Associates wrote:

If you want to see how you can operate without a state
board, look at Canada.  All the provinces have self-
governing professional boards or associations and
operate reasonably well--sure, there is room for improve-
ment, but that is true in any case.  I understand that
Great Britain does not have professional licensing. Is
that true, how does it work and what do other countries
So what do the terms P.Eng. (Canada) and "Chartered Engineer" (UK) signify? I asssume it has to do with the "professional associations" and their rules by which they bestow these distinctions, but I'm wondering how they compare to the state board requirements.

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
* * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********