Re: Ceiling deflection damage caused by excessive snow - who is responsible

Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
Dennis:

The snow load up there is 45 psf........

not all plan checks catch this....  I have seen some go through with none and 20 psf

deppends who plan checks the job.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA
Joe,
Is there a difference between Pinyon Pines and Pinyon Crest as far as elevation. I am familiar with Pinyon Pines and there is no snow load listed at that elevation. How did you find out the snow load in that area - through the local building official or the county?

Thanks for the information
Dennis

--

Dennis S. Wish, PE