Re: Ceiling deflection damage caused by excessive snow - who is responsible

By the way, for those interested in these ethical issues - I am rewriting (with permission) the essay's of Arnold Bookbinder, SE who, in California, was an expert Witness (SE) and who wrote the original Professional Ethics manual for the SEAOC. Arnold gave me some great articles regarding the engineers professional rights and ethics and has recently been asked to participate in with a new committee at the State of California who wishes to revise the legal system in regard to expert witness testimony. The goal is to have a tribunal (and this is very preliminary at the moment) hired by the court to review the claims for suit against an engineer and weed out the frivolous claims. There are many problems as I think most of you can figure (educators verses practitioners on the tribunal, conflicts of interest, experience in the type of work mentioned in the claim etc.). I hope to continue to elaborate on his work as time progresses and will be adding this to the Structuralist.Net Professional Blog!
For the moment, the transcription of his work is going slow because of lack of time. However, I do believe it will make some good reading and room for comments when it is published.
--

Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net