Re: Incompetent Plan Checker -- Was: Ceiling deflection damage caused by excessive snow - who is responsible

You have a bad tendency to run off at the mouth on subjects you know very little about.  More than  a few of  us on this list have found it offensive.  You also are learning as you go in your current forray into residential design & your questions often display your ignorance.  It is a combination that is sure to earn you some caustic comments.

We all have a lot to learn & a little humility will go a long way.  I'm not inclined to comment on your engineering ability, but when you start your condecending bloviation on the subject of California's politics/legislative process, "incompetent" is a word that immediately comes to mind.  As long as you persist in regaling us with your political opinions you will continue to be a  net liabilty to this list.  The list administrator has asked that we refrain from political discussions for a good reason--comity is important here.  If you'd honor his request you'd not find people throwing rocks at you.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.

Bill Polhemus wrote:
Dennis S. Wish, PE wrote:
I suggest you tone down your comments and simply accept our disagreement with your opinion and allow you to rebut the comments in a professional manner.
Hm. So it IS okay for one member of this list to call another "incompetent" based solely on the brief information available in discussion on this list--but it is NOT okay to point that out in an acerbic comment?

In other words, I can call you "incompetent" and that's just an _expression_ of opinion. But if you grumble about my use of the word, you're out of line.

Just trying to figure out the ethical priorities, here.