Re: Ceiling deflection damage caused by excessive snow - who is responsible

I suppose this is one "good" thing about not having plan checkers around my area - I can't rely on anyone else. I do have some CS areas for snow load, and in those cases I either use military tables or call the chief building inspector. Of course, out here in the sticks, I can usually get a real live person in less than 24 hours, and I have the cell numbers of two of the local heads.