Precast beams

Some of the specs I’ve looked at call for a skid-resistant grooved finish on driving surfaces of precast beams and rough casting for those that will have a concrete topping.  Does anyone have comments if the top of a precast member is going to have an asphalt overlay?  I would think we would still want a rough cast finish or some other “bonding” method (if so, what?).

Thanks-

Candi Anderson, P.E.