From: Candi Anderson [mailto:canderson(--nospam--at)mercadoeng.com]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 10:32 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Precast beams

Some of the specs I’ve looked at call for a skid-resistant grooved finish on driving surfaces of precast beams and rough casting for those that will have a concrete topping.  Does anyone have comments if the top of a precast member is going to have an asphalt overlay?  I would think we would still want a rough cast finish or some other “bonding” method (if so, what?).

Thanks-

Candi Anderson, P.E.