Re: Incompetent Plan Checker -- Was: Ceiling deflection damage caused by excessive snow - who is responsible

chuck utzman wrote:

You have a bad tendency to run off at the mouth on subjects you know very little about. More than a few of us on this list have found it offensive. You also are learning as you go in your current forray into residential design & your questions often display your ignorance. It is a combination that is sure to earn you some caustic comments.

Okay, so let me understand (since you don't appear to answer my question with your reply). I'm simply trying to learn the ground rules that you apparently know without thinking. Some of us aren't so quick.

1) It is okay to call someone else on this list "incompetent"--in fact, several someones, in Gail's case--based on the slight familiarity with a person on this list.

2) However, it is NOT okay to object to the easy way in which that "loaded" word is slung about.

Please let me know if I got that right or not, that I may learn wisdom of you.

I'm afraid that I am too dense to glean much from your above response. I'm extremely dense, and could've sworn you were just railing at me without any real point. Please forgive my stupidity; I'm trying to alleviate it.

--
Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company