Personal Attacks

Bill Polhemus wrote:

"...Again I say: How is my so-called "personal attack" on Gail's use of
the
word "incompetent" in any way, shape or form "worse" than what she did?
She has used the term in reference to more than one person here, yet I'M

the "loose cannon"? Sorry, it's just more than I can bear. If that's the

standard of acceptance, then in my extreme-minority opinion I'm in the
wrong room.

--
Bill Polhemus, P.E."

As improbable as it seems, I agree with Bill.

Gail has thrown around a lot of vitriol on this website, usually with
not much provocation.  Her attacks on Hassan Astaneh, to cite one
particular example, were mean-spirited and basically ridiculous,
considering what he's given to the profession (single-plate shear tab
design, among other things).  The times I've talked with him, I was
grateful for his attention and advice.

That's not to say I think much of some of Bill's more notorious efforts.
Or, for that matter, his timing, weeks after the last barrage.  But I
can certainly understand why he's a little sore at Gail.

Now can we please drop all this crap and get back to engineering?

Mike Hemstad, P.E.
St. Paul, Minnesota