From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 11:09 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Fire Damaged Slab on Grade

David Fisher wrote:

>To be honest, the "chain drag" method goes back so far I seriously
doubt
>anyone would be willing to take credit for it...

The problem I have always had with this method is that it seems like it
would take "a while" to calibrate. That is, if I've never done it
before, I'd need to get comfortable with the sound of "good" vs. "bad"
concrete.

It's probably just me. I have a hard time finding the location of wall
studs using a hammer. Kinda strange for someone who otherwise has a good

musical ear, and can sing a passable baritone.

--
Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company