Re: Weights for design

In a message dated 3/8/05 11:44:14 AM, davemaynard(--nospam--at)ceincorp.com writes:
For sprinklers, I break down what is being used for pipe, how often it is being used, the volume of the pipe and the additional weight due to the water.  Tack on a little bit of fudge factor for fittings, spread this load out over the entire roof area, if I see it is possible, badda-bing badda-boom, I have a dead load.

Be *real* careful of the larger main sprinkler pipes, especially those parallel to roof framing members--they can provide a pretty significant load.
Ralph
Ralph Hueston Kratz

Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com

510-236-6668