RE: Southern Pine / Pressure Treated

Oops.  Yes you’re right, that’s what I meant.  I think the sections are the same in IBC2000 and 2003.

~~ Eli ~~

-----Original Message-----
From: John Riley [mailto:jriley(--nospam--at)cbbel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:10 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Southern Pine / Pressure Treated

Eli, did you mean (IBC2000) 2304.11 for the first section?  JPRiley

Sharon –

IBC section 2303.4.11 answers your first question, and 2303.1.8.2 answers your second question.  PT wood (or any wood for that matter) should only be above 19% MC if it will be allowed to dry on site during construction before being covered up in the wall.  I think there are some technical requirements for what “field drying” really entails.

~~ Eli Grassley