From: David Maynard [mailto:davemaynard(--nospam--at)ceincorp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:38 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: LRFD and Steel Plates

Need a quick answer to this one.

I am designing a plate member in bending, which would consitute as a
rectangular bar under LRFD Spec. F1.2b.

I am looking at calculating Mcr, an equation that I don't really like
because it gives you no resulting force component of the dimensioned value.
All the terms used to calculate are a linear dimension.  There is no mention
of the force component, which is likely taken in the 57000 portion of the
calculation.  Assuming I convert everything to inches, and I ran this
calculation, would would the resulting value be?  Is it Inch-Pounds or
Inch-Kips?

Normally, this isn't a problem when I would need this value.  That is, until
now.  Thanks for the assistance.

Dave Maynard, PE
Gillette, Wyoming