Re: Incompetent Plan Checker -- Was: Ceiling deflection damage caused by exc...

ASLCSE(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

In regards to "incompetent" I too use this word for licensed engineers to whom structural plan review is farmed out by a Bldg. Dept. and apparently just "rubberstamp" the drawings, ignore the submitted calculations that are full of grave mistakes (to the tune that the structure would even collapse if built as "approved") and use the excuse that they are not being paid enough and that only the EOR is responsible for the drawings and calculations. "Professionals" like this (checker and EOR) should be reported to the State Board.

I would distinguish between "incompetent" and "unethical."

--
Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company