Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Multi-story wood framed w/lots of openings[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Multi-story wood framed w/lots of openings
- From: "Eli Grassley" <elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:32:13 -0800
There is a great technical guide from the AF&PA written by Jeffrey Stone, PhD that covers perforated shear walls a little more in depth than the IBC does. With lots of wall openings you should definitely think about using a perforated analysis with holdowns only at the extreme ends of the wall. Check it out:
I have noted with interest the discussion regarding the Simpson tie-downs and framing.
I am just starting to look at a two story wood building with a huge number of windows. Leaves little solid wall.
Anyone have any comments or ideas on where to get examples of such a perforated design?
- Prev by Subject: Multi-story wood framed w/lots of openings
- Next by Subject: Re: Multi-story wood framed w/lots of openings
- Previous by thread: Re: Multi-story wood framed w/lots of openings
- Next by thread: Re: Multi-story wood framed w/lots of openings