Re: Multi-story wood framed w/lots of openings

Eli Grassley wrote:

David –

There is a great technical guide from the AF&PA written by Jeffrey Stone, PhD that covers perforated shear walls a little more in depth than the IBC does.  With lots of wall openings you should definitely think about using a perforated analysis with holdowns only at the extreme ends of the wall.  Check it out:

http://www.awc.org/technical/PerforatedShearwallDesign.pdf

Eli Grassley

PSM Engineers

Seattle, WA