Re: Incompetent Plan Checker -- Was:  Ceiling deflection damage caused by exc...

"A week or two" sounds like heaven!!  I've had reports of months before even getting a first review from the building department.  Berkeley's promise (as I understand it) of a 3-week turnaround is the best I've seen.  A little one-room addition to a house in a small town near Berkeley CA took 5 months to get approval, with NO complications (like variances)!

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA