Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Delegation of responsibility - was "plan checker" which was "ceiling deflection"[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Delegation of responsibility - was "plan checker" which was "ceiling deflection"
- From: "James Cohen" <jccpc(--nospam--at)msn.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:07:50 -0500
Relying on a plan checker seems like relying on a building inspector to perform your job and relieve you of your liability. It is nice to have a second set of eyes to check one's work, but, even if similar tasks could be delegated through a subcontract to others, the PE would, in my opinion, still have primary responsibility for the PE's work product. If the plan checker failed to do their job, they are only responsible to the extent of their contract (in the case of this discussion, with the municipality). It would seem to me that the chain of responsibility would follow the path of the contracts.
Of course, always consult an attorney first...
James Cohen, PE
James Cohen Consulting, PC
- Prev by Subject: Re: Deflection of Cantilever Beam with Moment at Free End
- Next by Subject: RE: Delegation of responsibility - was "plan checker" which was "ceiling deflection"
- Previous by thread: Re: Incompetent Plan Checker -- Was: Ceiling deflection damage caused by exc...
- Next by thread: RE: Delegation of responsibility - was "plan checker" which was "ceiling deflection"