RE: eBay books in "Structural Eng." field

Title: Message
You're welcome.  One of the best things about the internet is hooking up with people who are trying to get rid of books -- sometimes you can find real gems!

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristyn J. Hill [mailto:california_eng(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:30 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: eBay books in "Structural Eng." field

Thanks Dave.
Today I had  luck by entering "Structural" in the eBay Search box. And found couple of  books. then I clicked on "View seller's other items" and I found a lot more good books on Strucural engineering very reasonably priced to bid on.

Kriten J. Hill

Dave Adams <davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com> wrote:
Kristyn:

I don't know about "ALL available books", but I've typically found it necessary to type in something specific that you are looking for, perhaps a distinct/unusual author's name (Timoshenko, Galambos ... I don't think "Adams" would properly sort your results), an organization's letters (ASCE, etc.), or a combination of words in quotes for the subject that you are specifically looking for ("elastic deformation", "plastic design", "stress and strain", etc.).  If you're looking for something in particular and perhaps need more info on finding that book, maybe try a university library's website and search for it there -- it may give you the ISBN and other info to help you find out where to purchase it.

Don't forget to try eBay's sister company, half.com -- I've been able to find a lot of great books there.  I also like addall.com, which searches through many bookstores for your item.  Also try bookhq.com.

Hope that helps,
Dave K. Adams, S.E.
Lane Engineers, Inc.
Tulare, CA