Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Buy American Steel[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Steel Detail" <steel-detail(--nospam--at)yahoogroups.com>, "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Buy American Steel
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:46:04 -0500
In the past year or so, I heard that a fabricator was being given a hard time by the engineer (or maybe the architect) because they couldn't prove that the steel that was being used on the project was not made from recycled Japanese cars. I don't recall who it was, but I am curious what the rules really are for public work regarding buying american steel. I don't think there is a lot of steel out there today that does not include recycled foreign cars, but I am not an expert. Do any of you know where I could go to find the actual wording of the laws? Most of the work we do is in PA and NJ.
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates, Inc.
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067
- Prev by Subject: RE: Business policies on snow leave
- Next by Subject: Re: Buy American Steel
- Previous by thread: ACI 318-2002 Creep, Shrinkage
- Next by thread: Re: Buy American Steel