RE: 1923 Vintage CA Concrete Building

Rajendran,

Yes, some bars were deformed but not necessarily like you see today.  Some were square bars with ribs while others were twisted.  For a historical perspective, CRSI has a document for download at:

http://www.crsi.org/PDF/edr_48.pdf

FEMA 356 also has some data on old rebar.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

Padmanabhan Rajendran <rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>

03/11/2005 01:13 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
RE: 1923 Vintage CA Concrete Building

In India, 1:2:4 concrete corresponded to 150 kg/sq.cm
(2130 psi) concrete.

Was there a deformed bar reinforcement in 1923?

Rajendran

--- "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>