Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Vintage 1923 CA concrete building[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Vintage 1923 CA concrete building
- From: HBAP(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:46:30 EST
The 1927 UBC (first edition!) has a table showing the minimum compressive strength of concrete to be 1500 psi, requiring 8-1/4 gallons water per sack of cement (94# sack = one cubic foot).
1:2:4 means cement / sand / aggregate -- by volume..
Yes, a core sample is essential!
- Prev by Subject: Re: Using SSMA Designations for Call-Outs on Light Gage Structures ?
- Next by Subject: Re: Virtual Work
- Previous by thread: Single-angle & single-plate shear connection design
- Next by thread: Two way shear in flat slab