Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:25 PM
Subject: Two way shear in flat slab

Dear all,

Sub : Two way shear in flat slab

We are designing two way flat slab ( without capitals ). In this regards kindly note the following :

1) It is a G+4 building having approximately area of 700 m^2 at each floor.
2) Max. span of slab is 10.0m.
3) Capitals are not provided as per the architectural requirements.
4) Computer model is generated (using STAAD) having frame elements. Slabs at each level are also modelled with the help of plate elements.
5) Analysis is completed for vertical and lateral loads.

Your input will be appriciated for following points regarding design of slab :

1) Shear stresses will be generated in both the direction at the junction of slab and column. Kindly comment on the reinforcement details required for the same.

2) Additional details required for the punching shear.

Regards,

Bhavin Shah