Great Structural Note regarding Structural Steel Detailing

We see quite a few jobs to bid for structural steel detailing, but this is the first time I have seen this note on the drawings:

All Detailing of Structural Steel Must Be Done In The United States.

I love it!  For those of you who would like to use it, here it is in all upper case so you can just copy and paste it into your AutoCAD file:

ALL DETAILING OF STRUCTURAL STEEL MUST BE DONE IN THE UNITED STATES.

The job is a public bid job.  I don't know if there are any legal issues related to this, but it is out there on the design drawings.  I hope the idea catches on.

Best regards,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
LVTA