Re: Great Structural Note regarding Structural Steel Detailing

Ken Peoples wrote:

We see quite a few jobs to bid for structural steel detailing, but this is the first time I have seen this note on the drawings: All Detailing of Structural Steel Must Be Done In The United States.

What is the reasoning behind this requirement?

Aside from simplistic political statement, I mean.