RE: Great Structural Note regarding Structural Steel Detailing

Ever read some of the translations that come in your electronics items?
"For the finest in results not to push this button two times twice".

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Peoples [mailto:kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 10:05 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Great Structural Note regarding Structural Steel Detailing

Besides the possibility that they had a really bad set of details
produced
overseas and don't want to get burned again (which is the source of most
of
the notes on drawings in my opinion - "don't want to get burned like
that
again - better add a note to the list for the next job"), perhaps they
want
to see the person who lives down the road have a job and not be on the
unemployment line.  Or maybe they don't want to see their tax dollars
spent
on supporting an overseas detailer since it is a public bid job.

If you feel that this is too protectionist, remember that outsourced
design
is next.  It is certainly happening already.

Best regards,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
LVTA