Beachfront Construction

If the concrete foundation is going to be in contact with sea water, you
should use epoxy coated reinforcing steel.

How about light weight concrete... it's expensive though. You could do the
perimeter walls with tilt up or cast in-place walls, probably 6inches thick
and lightweight would save on weight compared to cmu and eliminate the cmu
contractor. You may also want to elevate the bottom floor by extending the
piles and go with a joist system for the bottom floor too.

Light gage steel to me would seem okay even for the bearing/lateral system.
But if you go with Structural steel, I wouldn't be very concerned about the
metal studs as infill. It would be the sheathing material that would go
first, so if you are placing plywood over the studs, I would suggest marine
grade sheathing. If you are going with stucco directly over the studs, then
make sure you use closely spaced studs (although I hate doing stucco
directly to metal studs) so the finish doesn't crack and warp allowing
making it unsightly and allowing the salty air into the structure.

Engineered wood would be no different than regular framing except you
eliminate the shrinkage issues. Wolmanizing is available to give you water
resistance if you anticipate flooding, but not sure how well it works if the
salt water is the concern which is what I assume you are referring to.

Just some thoughts, hope they help.
-gm