RE: Beach front property

Mark,

You could specify that the metal studs have a G90 galvanized coating per ASTM A653 and also specify that any exposed metal due to cutting, drilling, welding, or damage be coated with a zinc rich paint.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Mark D. Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>

03/14/2005 03:59 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
RE: Beach front property

Thanks to all for the many good comments, and to Dave....if everyone wasn't
worried about those jackalopes drowning at the beach, maybe you could get
some quality beach front projects in Wyoming (that and haul in a few gallons
of seawater).

My client is adamant about not using conventional type IV construction
materials. I just don't see selling him on the longevity of wood framed
construction with the best of maintenance so....

I'm trying to come up with something more durable yet not as heavy as cmu or
icf construction.

Metal studs seems the first logical choice but again, drilling or cutting
compromises the electroplating which would allow a place for rust to begin.

Any other thoughts along these lines?

Mark D. Baker
Baker Engineering