Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: Stucco over cardboard siding

Ray,

Sounds like it might be Thermoply, which is a siding material (yes it looks similar cardboard) and has some structural values (ICC-ES Legacy report 2407).  It has some structural value, and I think it has been used on a lot of military housing in the south and southwest.  I still think that 3/8" plywood would be better, but I believe the Thermoply is cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Mike Cochran S.E.