RE: Cylindrical Tank Liquids

If you are in a jurisdiction that uses the 2003 IBC, you had better have a look at ASCE 7-02, which it references. ASCE 7-02 modifies the base shear coefficients in the usual AWWA and API tank standards. In the case of AWWA D100, it requires you to use the sloshing wave formula in ASCE  7, which gives you bigger numbers.
-----Original Message-----
From: Avicpeng [mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 8:52 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Cylindrical Tank Liquids

Thanks

Thor Tandy P.Eng
Victoria, BC
Canada
vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 5:12 AM

For Steel Tanks, please look at  AWWA D100-96 standatrds and API650 Standards
For Concrete tanks, ACI 350 and PCA publication
For Prestressed Concrete, Please AWWA D110 Standards
Himat

>>> vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net 3/10/2005 7:41:32 PM >>>
I used to have tables and design guides for the design of cylindrical tanks for seismic, but I can't find them.. Methinks the mad housecleaner has been through.

Are there any websites that can give me those data and tables?  If not, does anyone have some to hand to send to a poor boy at sea here?

TIA

Thor Tandy P.Eng
Victoria, BC
Canada