Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:29 AM
Subject: RE: Cylindrical Tank Liquids

If you are in a jurisdiction that uses the 2003 IBC, you had better have a look at ASCE 7-02, which it references. ASCE 7-02 modifies the base shear coefficients in the usual AWWA and API tank standards. In the case of AWWA D100, it requires you to use the sloshing wave formula in ASCE  7, which gives you bigger numbers.