Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Adding nail values to bolt values[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Adding nail values to bolt values
- From: "Joe Grill" <jgrill(--nospam--at)swiaz.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:31:39 -0700
Can bolt values in a timber connection be added to nail values in the same connection? I have a connection where existing nailing is not adequate per calculated allowable nail values. I can add bolts to the connection easier than nails due to the size of side members and a worry about splitting the main member from too many nails but only if the bolt and nail values are addative.
Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)
Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.
Civil Engineering and Surveying
1146 W. Hwy 89A Suite B
Sedona, AZ 86340
PHONE (928) 282-1061
FAX (928) 282-2058
- Prev by Subject: Re: ACI 543R
- Next by Subject: Re: Adding nail values to bolt values
- Previous by thread: Re: Aluminum manual on CD-ROM question
- Next by thread: Re: Adding nail values to bolt values