Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Adding nail values to bolt values[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE: Adding nail values to bolt values
- From: "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:56:47 -0800
’97 NDS, Section 184.108.40.206 says, “Design values for mixed fastener connections shall be based on tests or other analysis (see 220.127.116.11)”
Section 18.104.22.168 says essentially the same thing. “Other analysis” is not defined. Kind of a non-definite answer.
Bob Garner, S.E.
From: Joe Grill
Can bolt values in a timber connection be added to nail values in the same connection? I have a connection where existing nailing is not adequate per calculated allowable nail values. I can add bolts to the connection easier than nails due to the size of side members and a worry about splitting the main member from too many nails but only if the bolt and nail values are addative.
Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)
Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.
Civil Engineering and Surveying
1146 W. Hwy 89A Suite B
PHONE (928) 282-1061
FAX (928) 282-2058
- Prev by Subject: Re: Adding nail values to bolt values
- Next by Subject: RE: Adding nail values to bolt values
- Previous by thread: Re: Adding nail values to bolt values
- Next by thread: RE: Adding nail values to bolt values