Re: Road Repair Advice Needed

In a message dated 3/15/05 5:10:36 PM, James.Lutz(--nospam--at)earthtech.com writes:
Personally, I'm a little dubious of stacked rock for retaining walls.

Every time I go back to the Seattle area I'm amazed at the number and height of rubble rock walls used along major streets.  Some are 2 stories high, with Big Rocks.  They must work, because they've been using them for a loooooooong time.  And it's in UBC seismic zone 3.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA