RE: Beach front property

	Nels Roselund correctly wrote:
	"Galvanized steel should not be welded without special precautions
because of toxic fumes."
	We have found that welding through HDG or zinc-rich paint on a
jobsite usually provides enough ventilation for the welder. If there is
little enough breeze that welding can be done with a MIG gun, though, there
is too little for welding through zinc without mechanical ventilation. Wind
blows the shielding gas of MIG away, just as it will blow away the ZnO
fumes. Curiously, ZnO is used topically in sunscreen as it is opaque to UV
radiation. Just don't take it internally.
	Jim Getaz
	Winchester, Virginia