From: "Brian S Bossley" <BSBossley(--nospam--at)venturaengineering.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Concrete Pile Cap to Steel Pile Load Transfer
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:19:05 -0500

Does anyone know how a large capacity (100 Ton) steel pile transfers the
load in bearing to a concrete pile cap?  I have an HP12x53 pile w/ an
area of 15.5 in^2 and I've got 12.9 ksi in the steel, but I know that
concrete can't take those kind of stresses.

Brian S. Bossley, PE
Ventura Engineering
7610 Olentangy River Rd.
Columbus, OH 43235