brick site walls

I've done plenty of masonry site walls, but have only dealt with standard brick as a veneer.  Now I'm looking into doing some double layer brick site walls with a reinforced grouted core.  Do such walls require brick ties to bond the core with bricks?  I couldn't find any information on this in any of my masonry books.  Any input is appreciated.

Mark Pemberton, S.E.
Pemberton Engineering
Davis, CA