Re: BLOGGING

John Riley wrote:

I'd be careful, especially if your pockets are shallower than the builder's.

In a message dated 3/15/05 7:52:31 PM, dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net writes:

I would like to post pictures of these types of issues to bring them to the attention of the community and builders. Am I allowed to stand on the street and photograph this sloppy work including the developers advertisement and publish it on my Blog? If anyone has this type of information that can help me please let me know. In the mean time, I have dozens of shots (or more) that should be publicized as what not to do.

I agree that this is skating on thin ice. Ironically, I DON'T agree that "shallow pockets" equals "be careful." It's usually the other way: The deeper the pockets, the greater the target where the trial lawyers are concerned.

I do think that photographic examples like this are valuable, but I believe extreme care ought to be taken to ensure that the photos are "anonymous," and cannot be attributed to any specific location or builder.

It is enough to alert the public to what can happen, and what to look for. You just hamper your own effectiveness if you give some jerk an excuse to sue you.

--
Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company